With the lack of an obvious “About Me” page , this first post will do until I find something better . 🙂
My (not so) Golden Path … (Dune ref)
Ever since I’ve throttled back from two fandom’s that I’ve been involved with in one way or another , I’ve been searching for that “next thing” to catch my interest (hello obsessive persona 🙂 ) .
It took a long time (literally years) , to try to boil issues down — and in the end, things actually boiled upwards, as events around the world happened that either weren’t there before , or weren’t there in such magnitude for me to notice or be concerned about .
Well … either all that or something akin to a quote attributed to Churchill (among others) happened :
” if you’re not liberal in your 20’s , you have no heart … — but if you’re not conservative in your 40’s , you have no brains .”
(the actual quote has morphed from person to person in the last 150+ years.
Thus I found some of my ideas and ideals morphing — and while I just didn’t see myself “joining the other side” and moving to the Right side of the political spectrum , I did see my topics of interest being shaped by my internal reformation — becoming (in random order) :
– Institutionalized media & political analysis VS independent media & analysis .
– The US & EU campuses and my two concerns there .
– “The Regressive Left” — a term coined by Maajid Nawaz (former Islamist and current proponent as a Muslim for a Reformation within Islam) .
– The hot potato that will (even with the best of intentions) get me labeled as an “Islamophobe” — namely Islam .
– Secularism and secular values in Israel — and how it’s being literally out-bread to a point that raise some worries for the long term future of my country .
– Political & demographic shifts in Israel — both in the civilian sector and the military .
I hope to write a little more on these topics as I will post some of the videos & podcasts that I … go to sleep with — and often go back to as I snooze off in the middle . 🙂